Updated on December 23, 2020
Herbs and spices are like oxygen to the cooked food and their use has been incredible throughout history. Modern science has also shown that herbs and spices have a great impact on our body positively. So we are presenting today this impressive list of herbs and spices that is a must-have for your kitchen.
- Cinnamon is a popular spice known for its unique flavor but it has great health benefits too. Cinnamon has a compound called cinnamaldehyde which is responsible for lowering blood sugar levels and has a powerful anti-diabetic effect.
- Sage has got its name from the Latin word Salvere which means to save. Researches on sage indicate that sage has properties that help to improve brain memory and function especially among those who are suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- Peppermint is known for its delicate flavor for such a long time in history. Many studies on peppermint have shown that peppermint oil can be used for relieving pain and it also helps to reduce abdominal bloating which is a common digestive symptom.
- Turmeric spice is widely used in the curry for its yellow color which is completely natural. It has several medicinal properties as well and has powerful antioxidants. The curcumin present in turmeric has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Basil helps to fight infections and is also shown to improve immunity in the body. A small study has also shown that it can boost the function of the immune system by increasing the immune cells in the blood.
- Ginger is a popular spice around the world and is known for its medicinal properties since ancient times. Studies have also shown that 1 gram or more of ginger can help to treat nausea. Ginger has strong anti-inflammatory properties as well.
- Fenugreek was used in Ayurveda to treat libido and masculinity. Much human research has shown that fenugreek can helps to lower blood sugar levels mainly in diabetics.
There are so many herbs and spices out there with immense health benefits. Instead of going for tablets to meet your daily nutrition requirement, try to include these herbs and spices in your diet to stay healthy and fit by natural means.